- 06 Jun 2023
- 1 Minute à lire
Adding glossary term
- Mis à jour le 06 Jun 2023
- 1 Minute à lire
As your product or service grows, the terms you reference in the documentation will also increase. Thus, you would be adding more glossary terms. In Document360, you can add glossary terms at any time. Adding a glossary term is easy and can be done in a few seconds.
How to add a glossary term?
- Go to Content tools → Content reuse → Glossary, and the list of existing glossary terms appear (if added)
- Click + New → New term, and a blade appears on the right
- Type in the desired term
- The character limit for a term is 30 (including spaces)
- Only alphabets, numbers, and spaces are allowed in term field
- If you want the term to be available in all languages, enable the Global toggle. If you want the term to be available in a particular language, disable the Global toggle and select the desired language in the Language dropdown
- Type in the desired definition. You can find the available formatting options in the below section
The character limit for definition is 500, including spaces.
- Once done, click Add
Basic text formatting options such as Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, and Underline are available
You can also use the other formatting options such as Font size, Font Family, Text color, Background color, Subscript, Superscript, and Clear Formatting
Ordered List and Unordered List are available for listing the items
You can use Insert Image to insert an image from the URL, local storage, or Drive
You can view the preview of the snippet in Code view (HTML). Click Code view to view the preview. If you want to switch back to editor view, click Code view again
- When a glossary term is not added under Global, you can add it in various languages
- When a glossary term is added under Global, you cannot add it at the language level
For example, if you wish to add the glossary term "TXT record" in multiple languages, add language-specific glossary terms and definitions in each language. When you add that glossary term under Global, it cannot be added at the language level.
For a better understanding of the glossary in the knowledge base, check out the blog: Importance of business glossary in knowledge management