- 29 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes à lire
Send notifications from custom email domain
- Mis à jour le 29 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes à lire
By default, notification emails sent to the Document360 team members and readers are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now users can configure their custom email domain on Document360, so the notification emails are sent from the configured custom email domain.
What is a custom email domain?
Custom email domain shows email providers that Document360 has the user's permission to send emails on their behalf.
For example The notification mails would be sent from a configured email@example.com rather than the default firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enable this feature, users must first point DNS entries from their DNS provider (like GoDaddy, Rackspace, Cloudflare, etc.) to Document360.
Adding a Custom Email Domain
- Go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Notifications and select the Email domain tab
- In the Domain name field, enter the custom email domain URL (For example, mycompany.com)
- Click on the Add domain, and the DNS records would get generated
Creating MX and TXT records in the domain registrar
To set up domain authentication, users must submit the DNS records provided by Document360 to their DNS or hosting provider (For example, GoDaddy, Hover, CloudFlare, etc.).
- To set up a custom email domain for your project, access/request the domain registrar on a separate browser tab to add the MX and TXT records
- Copy the configuration details from the Setting up your custom email domain section on Document360
- Once done, click the checkbox and then the Verify button at the top of the Setting up your custom email domain section
- When the MX and TXT records have been successfully added to the domain host, Document360 will show an "Email domain verified" message
- Once the verification is done the user needs to add their "From email address" in Email field (For example email@example.com) and "From user name" in the Name field (For example support - Learn360)
Once the configuration is complete, the emails would be sent from their respective domain with their "From email address" and "From user name."
It may take up to 24 hours after configuration for a custom email domain to be recognized.
Please follow the steps below if the custom email domain configuration is still not active after 24 hours.
- Check if the MX and TXT records have been saved on the domain host
- Check if the MX and TXT information on the domain host matches the records provided by Document360
- Delete the records on the domain host and try again
If you still face any issue, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org