- 16 Sep 2022
- 3 Minutos para leer
- Actualizado en 16 Sep 2022
- 3 Minutos para leer
Microsoft Teams is a widely used business collaboration application, helping a company’s workforce stay organized and engage in conversations on a single platform.
Teams + Document360
Customers using both Teams and Document360 could experience the cross-platform functionality on their Teams application after configuring the API.
Connecting Document360 with your Microsoft Teams allows you to seamlessly search for and share articles from your knowledge base in Teams chats and channels.
Basic setup guide
1. Add Document360 app on Teams
- Click on the Apps option on the left navbar in your Microsoft Teams application
- Use the search bar and find Document360 application
- Click on the app widget and select the Add button
You can find the Document360 logo in the bottom chat controls and the Search bar at the top when you type @Document360 and press enter.
If you already have a live knowledge base powered by Document360, you can easily connect it using an API key.
2. API key generation on Document360
- From the knowledge base portal, go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Extensions → Team Collaboration
- You’ll find the Microsoft Teams widget
- Click on the + (generate) option in the widget
Copy the generated API Key which would be required while connecting your Knowledge base with your Teams app
3. Document360 API configuration
- Your knowledge base would be connected and accessible only after the API has been configured between Teams and Document360
- There are two methods in which you can access the Add API Key field in the Teams application
Using the top search bar on Teams, type the @Document360 command and press enter. Now you can find the Add API key option dropdown.
Click on the Document360 logo in the chat controls; click on the + button and select the Add API Key option
Paste the generated API key in the Teams API key window. You would get a success message indicating the integration status.
Article search and send
After successful integration, you can search for and share articles from your Document360 knowledge base to individual contacts and channels on Microsoft Teams without leaving the Teams platform.
When you want to search a particular article from the integrated knowledge base
- Click on the Document360 logo from the chat controls
- Type the keyword in the search bar
- Select the relevant article from the search results
- In the search bar, type @Document360 and press enter
- The Document360 search is enabled on the left side of the search bar
- Type the keyword and the results ae populated
- View and select the relevant article you like to send from the search result
- Type in @document360
search in the New message field at the bottom and hit Enter
- Another sub-field would appear with the search bar
- Type in your search query, and the results are populated
- Click on the result, and it will be added to the conversation
You can edit your response with a custom message before sending.
1. Does Microsoft Teams have a knowledge base feature?
There is no built-in Knowledge base feature available on Microsoft Teams. However, you can integrate a robust knowledge base and documentation platforms such as Document360 to work seamlessly with Teams.
2. Can I share content from my Knowledge base on Teams?
Yes, you can share article content, excerpt, links, media, and files from your Document360 knowledge base in your Teams chats, replies, and posts.