- 30 Jun 2022
- 3 Minutes à lire
- Mis à jour le 30 Jun 2022
- 3 Minutes à lire
This is the release note of an older version of Document360.
To read about the recent product advancements and releases, check out our latest Release note.
1. Version as menu
Add public versions as a menu on your knowledge base articles page. This helps showcase the available versions in your knowledge base and provides easy navigation for your end-users.
To access the version display setting in the knowledge base portal, go to
Settings → Knowledge base portal → Localization & Versions → Localization & Versions (tab) → Display versions as a menu (toggle) → ON
For example, you have multiple public versions such as FAQ, Troubleshooting, Sales, and Customer support in your knowledge base. When the 'Display versions as a menu' toggle is on, versions are displayed as a menu. When the toggle is off, versions are displayed as a dropdown.
2. Readers self registration
- The Export option has been added to the domain restriction(s) section. The option can be seen at the top-right of this section on the Readers self registration page. The entire list can be exported as a CSV file to your local device storage
- Now, you can sort the Domain column by clicking the column header
3. Team accounts and readers
- A new option to skip sending invitation mail when team accounts and readers are added has been introduced. The Skip invitation mail checkbox is available in the user addition module on the Set up the basics stage
- The invitation email can be disabled for bulk team accounts and readers import as well
- Earlier, this option was available only for SSO users. Now, this option is available for all users
4. Find and replace option in WYSIWYG editor
The find and replace option is added in the WYSIWYG editor. This allows you to search any text within your article and replace it with another text. You can also use this to find the article's text content occurrences.
5. Backup & Restore
We had made a few enhancements to the Backup and Restore feature. The backup type and validity for the subscription plans are changed. Check our pricing page for more details.
The restore option has been enhanced to accommodate granular-level restoring. Below are the restore options available now:
- Documentation - You can restore any particular article/category/language/version. Earlier, you could only restore the complete documentation
- Home page builder - You can restore any particular home page. This includes the home page configured with custom CSS
- Custom CSS - You can compare the custom CSS of the backup and the current version. The changes made in the current version are highlighted
6. Variables (Content reuse)
Formatting options are added for the variable. Previously the variables' text would appear as normal text. This helps you to have formatted text as in-line content in your articles. The following formatting options are available now:
- Font family
- Text color
- Background color
- Insert links
7. Export to PDF
Cancel option has been added in the export to PDF option. This allows you to cancel the ongoing export process.
If you want to cancel the export process, click the '✖' Cancel icon, and the '🚫' Last export canceled icon appears next to the last modified date.
- Copy link icon is added to the published articles in the editor
- +New (New folder) icon is added on the bottom left of the Drive, similar to Documentation
Minor performance, bug fixes, and security improvement can also be observed in the knowledge base portal and site.