Downgrading your subscription plan
You can downgrade your existing plan or subscription(monthly or annual) at any point.
Only the Owner(s) can access the Billing features.
Before you downgrade
Each subscription has varying limits for Project versions, Team accounts.
To save time, ensure that your current project configuration and usage fall into the downgrade subscription's limits and features before starting the downgrade process.
Also, it's important to note that some features are exclusive to higher subscriptions
For example, Enterprise SSO, Localization won't be available if you downgrade.
To check which limits and features will be affected by a downgrade, see our pricing page.
Downgrading your subscription
- From the knowledge base portal, go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Billing → My plan → Change plan
- The pricing page appears
You cannot downgrade to the Freemium plan.
- All our existing plans (Startup, Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus) with their highlight features is displayed
Your current plan is mentioned with Current plan
- Click on the Show details button to view more features available in plans
- Choose a subscription plan that meets your company's needs by using the toggle at the top
- Annual: Pay upfront for a year-long subscription to Document360. You will be billed on the same day you started your subscription the following year
- Monthly: Pay for a month-long subscription to Document360. You will be billed on the same day you started your subscription the following month
If you are in the Annual plan, you can only downgrade to another Annual plan. You cannot downgrade your subscription from Annual to Monthly.
- Once you click the Downgrade button, the payment page is displayed
1. Choose your billing cycle
You can choose the plan as Monthly or Annual.
- Select the check box of the desired plan
For example, when you choose the Business annual plan, you have to pay US$ 3588 per annum, and when you choose the Business monthly plan, you have to pay US$ 4308(299*12) per annum. Comparing the per month cost of this plan, you can save US$ 720. You can utilize this saved amount for buying addons.
2. Addons (optional)
We provide optional addons to add additional team accounts, versions, and storage.
Click the Addons (optional) dropdown to expand the section.
By default, your plan comes with a certain number of team accounts, and you want to accommodate additional team accounts.
For example, you are downgrading to Plan A, and you need 17 team accounts for your knowledge base. By default, the Plan A project has 15 team accounts. In this case, you can add two more team accounts with the Team accounts addon option and experience a hassle-free process.
- Add the additional team accounts with the "+" and "-" icons
- The prorated cost of additional team accounts is calculated until the next billing cycle. It appears in the Cost details section on the right
Choose higher-level plans to accommodate more team accounts and gain additional features in your knowledge base.
There is no limit to adding additional team accounts.
Your plan comes with a 50GB drive storage capacity by default, and you want additional storage capacity.
One storage addon provides 50GB additional storage.
For example, when you add two storage addons, 100GB storage would be counted as extra storage, and your storage capacity would be 150GB
- Add the required storage addons() with the "+" and "-" icons
- The prorated cost of storage addon is calculated until the next billing cycle. It appears in the Cost details section on the right
By default, your plan comes with a certain number of version(s), and you want additional versions.
For example, you are downgrading to Plan A and need four versions for your knowledge base. By default, the Plan A project has two versions. In this case, you can add two more versions with the Versions addon option and experience a hassle-free process.
- Add the additional versions with the "+" and "-" icons
- The prorated cost of additional versions is calculated until the next billing cycle. It appears in the Cost details section on the right
There is no limit to adding additional versions.
3. Cost details
The cost of the plan and addons appear here.
The sum of the subscription plan cost and addons cost appears here.
5. Credits Applied
If you have any credits available, it is automatically added.
For example, you are in 'Plan A', and you want to downgrade to a lower plan 'Plan B'. When you change the plan between your billing cycle, the charges you paid for the remaining period of the current billing cycle for Plan A would be added as credits to your account.
6. Amount due
The amount you have to pay appears here. If there are no credits available, the Amount due is the same as the Total.
Amount due = Total - Credits Applied
If you apply a valid promo code, you can avail discount applicable for the promo code.
7. Payment details
Your card details, such as card number (only the last four numbers) and expiration date appear here.
8. Billing address
Your Billing address appear here.
9. Apply promo code
You can use Promo code to avail an additional discount.
- Click on the Apply promo code button
- Type in the Promo code in the Enter a Promo Code field
- Click on the Apply button
- If entered Promo code is valid, the respective discount is applied in the Cost details section
10. Plan selection
If you want to choose a different plan, click Plan selection on the top right, and you are taken to the pricing page.
11. Make payment
This button is enabled when you have entered all the required details, added the useful addons, and displayed no error message.
- Review the downgrade information and make sure you have added the required addons
You cannot change the currency after the first transaction.
For example, you have subscribed to the Enterprise plan with AUD as your currency, and now you want to change the currency to USD. Currently, switching between currencies is not possible after the first transaction.
- Click on the Make payment button, and the payment is processed
- Once the transaction is complete, the Payment successful! message appears with the chosen subscription plan, and type in the new page
- Billing information such as Invoice #, Billing period, Amount paid, and Next billing date appears with an option to Download Invoice
To check the renewal details, go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Billing → My plan.