API documentation feature in Document360
The API documentation feature in Document360 provides a complete solution for creating and managing API references. This feature allows you to create high-quality API documentation that helps users understand and consume your APIs effectively.
We have the most-wanted option named "Try it!" which allows the users to test the API endpoints within the Knowledge base site.
You can create dedicated versions of your API documentation. The feature provides an intuitive interface for uploading API references as URLs or JSON/YAML files. After uploading the OpenAPI definition, the interactive API endpoint articles will be created in the Knowledge base portal. Now, end users can access the "Try it!" option with the available endpoints, parameters, and responses in the API documentation's Knowledge base site.
You can generate code samples with the available programming languages to help users understand how to use the API. You can view responses in a more organized way.
In this category, you can find answers to questions such as
- What is the API documentation feature?
- What are the steps involved in creating a new API reference?
- How to generate the API documentation with URL?
- How to generate the API documentation with JSON/YAML file?
- What is the Try it! option?
- What are the supported authorization techniques?
- What are the validations performed?
What are the steps involved in creating a new API reference?
- Access the API documentation module in Document360 project
If you have not purchased the feature and wish to use the trial version of this feature, click Get free trial → Proceed
- Click New API
- Select the desired upload method
- Upload the API specification file
- Publish the articles
You can have up to three API references in a project by default. If you wish to have more API references, you can purchase them as addons.