Customer relationship management (CRM) is a technology for managing all your company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers. The goal of a CRM is simple: Improve business relationships. A CRM system helps companies stay connected to customers, streamline processes, and improve profitability.
Pipedrive is a deal-driven customer relationship management CRM solution that also works as an account-management tool with the ability to assist with marketing and the entire sales process. Pipedrive's proactive nature automatically tracks and organizes calls and emails and synchronizes schedules across devices.
You have chosen Document360 as your Knowledge base platform. You have chosen Pipedrive as your sales platform. There is a need that when a new lead or contact is created in the Pipedrive, you want to create a corresponding knowledge base article in Document360 to keep relevant information about that lead/contact.
Currently, there is no direct integration option available between Pipedrive and Document360 from either of the platforms.
As a workaround, you can use Zapier integration to bridge this gap. By connecting Pipedrive and Document360 on Zapier, you can easily facilitate the content flow between these platforms.
Ensure that you have logged into your Zapier account.
Click the Try this template button. In the following window, click the Get started button
Connecting Pipedrive and Document360 in Zapier
Step 1 - Connect Pipedrive
- Click on the Connect button and key in your credentials on the new access window. Click on the Allow and install button
- Click on the Next button
Step 2 – Connect Document360
- Click on the Connect button and a new pop-up window would open with an API token field to connect with the knowledge base project
- You can obtain the API token from the Document360 portal
API token generation
Obtain the Zapier token (API key) generated from the Document360 portal (Settings → Knowledge base portal → Extensions → Team collaboration), click on the generate icon, and copy the token by clicking on the copy button
- Head back to the pop-up window, paste the API token in the field, and click on Yes, continue
- You can find the connected Document360 project on the Connect your Document360 account page. Click on Next
If you wish to configure a different account later, you can do that by clicking on Reconnect or Connect a new account
Step 3 - Customize Zap
- Map the required fields from Pipedrive into Document360
By default, the Zap template would be
- New deal title in Pipedrive → Title in Document360
- Label in Pipedrive → Content in Document360
However, you have a plethora of other options to choose from (depending upon your business requirements)
Click on the Next button
In the How do you want Zapier to handle these changes in Document360?, you can choose the article location and publish option.
- Version - Choose the desired version in the knowledge base project, you want the article to be created in
- Language - Choose the desired language in the selected version, you want the article to be created in
- Category - Choose the desired category in the selected language, you want the article to be created in
- Publish - Choose True for the article to be published. Choose False for the article to be in draft state.
- Click on the Next button
Step 4 – Test Zap
- Once you have configured the actions in Document360, the Zap needs to be tested to make sure it’s configured correctly
(Zapier would create an article on Document360 to make sure everything works)
- Click on the Send test button
If successful, you would get the message “Test Article sent! Check your Document360 account to view it.’’
Visit your Document360 knowledge base portal and you can find the article named “Title of your Pipedrive deal” under the category you have previously selected
Head back to the Zapier setup window and click on Next
Step 5 – Turn on Zap
Now that the Zap has been tested and made sure it works fine, review/edit the settings before turning on the Zap.
You can edit the settings configured on the trigger Pipedrive new commit and the corresponding action of a new article in Document360
Finally, click on the Turn on Zap button
You would get a success message window stating Your Zap is on. You can click on the Manage your Zap button to go to your Pipedrive+Document360 Zap overview page.
Created Zap overview
Create articles in Document360 from the new deal in Pipedrive
You can view and edit the information about your created Zap on the Zap overview page
Whenever a new deal is created in the Pipedrive, then zap runs automatically to create a new article in Document360.