Auto register for SSO readers
Use the auto register option to skip the SSO readers addition step in Document360. When this option is enabled, SSO readers who have logged into identity providers can directly access the Knowledge base with the identity provider credentials. You can enable/disable this option as per your requirement.
Enabling Auto register for SSO readers
The auto register for SSO readers can be enabled on the SSO settings page for both standards (SAML or OpenID). This setting would only be visible on the SSO settings page after an SSO (OpenID or SAML) has been configured with your project.
This setting would only be visible on the SSO settings page after an SSO (OpenID or SAML) has been configured with your project.
- Go to your desired project in the Knowledge base portal
- Click Settings → Users & Security → SAML/OpenID
- Either select the already configured standard (SAML or OpenID) or you can configure a new SSO
- When you scroll down, you can find the ‘Advanced settings’ section
- Enable the Auto register for SSO readers toggle. It is turned off by default
- In the Specify default reader group(s) field, select the reader group(s) where you want to associate the readers. You can select up to five reader groups
The readers registered with the Auto register option will be assigned the 'None' Content access. Thus, it is mandatory to provide at least one reader group in this field.
- Click Save
- Click Proceed in the Confirmation prompt
Auto register toggle 'Disabled'
When this option is disabled, SSO readers must be registered in Document360 and the identity provider to access the Knowledge base.
Auto register toggle 'Enabled'
SSO readers who have logged into identity providers can directly access the Knowledge base with the identity provider credentials.
Import SSO readers from other projects
You can import only the logged-in SSO readers from the parent/child project. If a reader has not logged in before, the reader will not be added to the respective project. When the auto register is enabled in parent and child projects, the readers that log in to one project will automatically be associated with the other project.
- Ensure that you have configured the project with a parent project
- Enable the Auto register for SSO readers toggle
- Click Save
- Select the Import readers checkbox and click Proceed