Find and replace allows you to search for a keyword/phrase across the articles and category pages within your project and replace it in the desired articles and category pages. You can perform search only words and numbers. However, you can replace them with words, numbers, and selective special characters.
You don't need to enter the Markdown or HTML syntax. Just enter content that is available in your Knowledge base site and replace it instantly. This saves a lot of time for the personnel involved in content contribution.
Accessing the Find and replace
- Go to Content tools → Documentation → Find and replace
- Enter the desired keyword/phrase you want to search in the Find field
- A list of articles and category pages which has the keyword/phrase appears
- You can use the available filter options to narrow down the results
- Select the Match whole words checkbox to replace a specific word/phrase
For example, When you replace
article, all occurrences of
pagewill be replaced with
articlebut only when it is a separate word. The word
homepagewill be ignored for this action.
- Select the articles and category pages in which you want to replace the text
- To select the article, hover over the desired search result and select the checkbox adjacent to it
- If you want to replace it in all instances, select the check box adjacent to the Articles/Category pages column header
- Enter the desired keyword/phrase you want to replace in the Replace with field
- Click Replace
The Replace button will be enabled only when you select at least one article/category page.
- Select the desired article status after replace
- Publish - To publish the article after replacing the keyword/phrase
- Draft - To keep the article in draft after replacing the keyword/phrase
- Click Proceed
The below filter options are available:
- Version/Language - To filter by version and language
- Visibility - To filter by visibility status (Visible / Hidden)
- Status - To filter by article status (New article / Draft / Published)
- Contributors - To filter by contributors. You can search by team account's name, and multiple selections are allowed
- Tags - To filter by tags
- Updated on - To filter by last updated date range
Usage limit is the number of times 'Replace' can be performed in a project.
|Plan||Usage limit per day|
1. Who can access the Find and replace?
Find and replace is available only for team accounts with Content role as Editor (or) custom content role with the Perform Find and replace permission.
2. How to increase my usage limit?
The usage limit for Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus plans is three per day. To increase it, contact our support team for assistance.
3. Can I perform Replace without entering anything in the 'Replace with' field?
- Yes, you can perform Replace with no content in the 'Replace with' field. The keyword/phrase entered in the Find field will be removed from the selected articles and category pages
- When you enter nothing in the 'Replace with' field and click Replace, the 'Replace content is not provided' message appears in the 'Confirm replace' prompt
4. Does this feature replaces the Markdown or HTML syntax entered in the editor?
No, it does not replace the Markdown or HTML syntax entered in the editor. It replaces the text which appears in the Knowledge base.
For example, To replace the keyword "Set up" with "Install" in an article with Markdown syntax ### Set up the module, enter as below:
✓ Find -
Set up; Replace -
5. Does the search return the article in Recycle bin?
No, the articles and category pages are available in Recycle bin will not be considered for the search.
6. How many search results will be returned?
There is a limit of 1000 search results. Only 1000 articles and category pages will be returned for a single search.