Setting up a Multi-lingual knowledge base
Adding multiple languages to a single project version is very simple and easy. You can have a language-specific Knowledge base with Document360.
Adding multiple languages to a single version
- From the Knowledge base portal, go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Localization & Versions
- You can find the list of versions available in the project
- There are two ways to add a new language to the project version from here
a. Click the Edit (🖉) icon on the right, and the Edit version blade window appears
b. Click the New language dropdown, and a list of languages appear
Enter the desired language/keyword in the Filter languages field, and the result is populated.
c. Select the checkbox of the desired language(s) and click Apply
d. Then click the Update button at the bottom of the blade
- Enable right to left - Most languages are written from left to right. But there are a handful of languages written in the opposite direction. By enabling this, article content in the HTML editor and reader view (Knowledge base site) would start on the right and end on left
- Hide: Hides the language from the knowledge base. Hidden languages are indicated by strikethrough in the Knowledge base portal for reference
- Delete: Delete the language from the selected list
a. Click the Add new language (globe) icon adjacent to the Edit (🖉) icon
b. Select the checkbox of the desired language(s) and click the Add button
Type in the desired language/keyword in the Filter languages field, and the result is populated.
- All the Category and Article from your default language are available in the new language(s)
- But these articles and categories have to be manually translated, using machine translation (HTML editor only) or with extensions like Crowdin