To create a Knowledge base with Document360, you must first create a Document360 account:
Creating a Document360 account
- Visit the Document360 website. Click Sign up (or) enter your email in the 'Get started' field and click GET STARTED
All trial accounts get 14 days of free access. No credit card required!
- In the signup form, enter your
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
- Work email
- Phone number (Optional)
You cannot signup with a personal email domains such as Gmail account or any other miscellaneous/temporary email domain .
Provide a valid email (preferably a work email) as you will receive a verification email.
Mobile users must enter a unique domain name and choose the site access on this page.
- Once you're ready, click the Start free trial button, and you will be sent a verification email
You must verify your account on a computer. You cannot verify your account on mobile.
- You would have access to the Document360 platform, but you have to verify your email within 24 hours
- Follow the instructions in the verification mail received to get full access to your 14-day free trial
When you log in for the first time, you will be prompted to Create a new knowledge base.
Create a new knowledge base
You can add your profile picture, first name, and last name.
- Type in the First name and Last name
By default, the First name and Last name provided in the signup window appears here.
- Click the Pencil icon on the profile picture to add the profile picture. You can upload a profile picture from your local device storage
- Click Save
- Enter your Project name in the Name field
- Only alphabets, numbers, hyphens, and spaces are allowed
- Special characters except hyphen are not allowed
The character limit for project name is 30 (including spaces)
- Enter your Subdomain name in the Subdomain field
- Only alphabets, numbers, and hyphens are allowed
- The subdomain name must be unique
- You cannot use an existing subdomain name
The character limit for subdomain name is 30 (including hyphens)
For example, If a company called Babel was creating a knowledge base for its software, they might choose:
- If you have two words in your project name, then the autogenerated subdomain is added with a hyphen (-)
Name: Babel Handbook
- Click Next
Choose to edit your documentation in Markdown or WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
- If you mostly create text-based documents, make Markdown your default editor and switch to WYSIWYG (HTML) when you need to add multimedia (images/video) via Article settings
- Click Next
Customize your Knowledge base
- Upload a logo or type in the company name, either will display on the project card
The character limit for logo text is 30.
- Change the primary and secondary colors using the color picker or enter a HEX, RGB, or HSL color code
- Click Next
Knowledge base access
- Click Create
The project is created successfully.
Knowledge base site can be accessed only after the project Owner completes the verification. This applies to both Team account and Reader.
You can check our simple and transparent pricing for the different plan tiers. Click here to view Document360 plans.