Slack is a collaborative digital space that helps different teams in an organization to work together seamlessly. The environment is referred to by Slack as the Workspace.
With the new Document360 app for Slack, you will equip your support agents with a knowledge base without leaving your Workspace. Apart from searching for articles, you or your agents would be able to create user-friendly documentation; author in Markdown editor for any version or language in your knowledge base from Slack.
Here is an elaborate guide for installation and putting Document360 to use in Slack be it web or desktop application.
Basic setup guide
Connecting Document360 to Slack
- Go to the Settings → Knowledge base portal → Extensions, and select the Team Collaboration tab
- You can find Slack listed among the other extensions
- In the Slack Widget, click on the Add to Slack button
- The app will redirect you to Slack to grant us access to your workspace.
- Click the Allow button and return to Document360. You would see a success message in the place close to the Add to Slack button
- The success message would also display the connected Slack Workspace name
Once the integration between Document360 and your Slack workspace is established, you would be able to use the different functions of Document360 with the /doc360 in your conversations either in 'direct message' conversations or in a channel.
|Create article||/doc360<space>create<space>Title of the article (optional)|
The above command helps users by listing out the functions available with the /doc360 command in Slack. The list of commands that appear in the conversation window is only visible to you. You can get an idea and be familiar with these commands for further use if you’re a new user.
Search and share articles
Once you’ve successfully integrated Document360 with your Slack workspace, your team members can search for and share support articles in conversations instantly using simple commands. This makes your interactions simpler as knowledge sharing makes it easy to add context to conversations in real-time. Rather than asking someone for information every time you need it or jumping to different tabs if you’re using it on the web.
With the new Document360 integration on your Slack workspace, you would equip your agents with all the articles from your knowledge base without leaving the Slack environment. You can also share the searched articles by linking them to your conversation.
To search for an article during a conversation
- Type in the search command highlighted above and click on Enter
- Select the version and language of the knowledge base you want to search
- The search results would be populated with two options
- Open Article where the article would be opened in a new tab
- Link Article would send the article result in the conversation
Creating an article from Slack
Command: /doc360<space>create<space>Title of the article (optional)
Don’t find the article you’re looking for or you would like to add an article to your knowledge base on the go, this is also possible with the integration. Type in the /doc360 Create command followed by optional title to open article creation modal;
- Choose the version of the knowledge base you want to create the article for
- Select the category under which the article should be placed (You cannot create a new category from Slack. You can only add articles to any existing categories)
- Type in the content of your article using the markdown editor
- The article would be created in draft state, allowing your editors to review and enhance the article before publishing them on the knowledge base.
Removing Document360 app from Slack workspace
Removing an already added Document360 application from the Slack workspace is a simple process
- From your Slack workspace, visit Slack’s App Directory
- Select Manage in the top right
- Choose Document360 from the list in the left-hand column
- You would be redirected to the Document360 App info page
- Scroll down to the Remove application and select the Remove app.