Zendesk is a customer support software that allows businesses to effectively manage customer questions, complaints, or any other support requests. Zendesk’s internal knowledge base is that it’s an additional part of a larger flagship product rather than a standalone platform.
What you need is a core knowledge base platform that offers everything you would look for from a help authoring tool and much more.
With Document360 knowledge base integrated into your Zendesk platform, your support agents can provide on-point responses to customer queries by searching for and sharing support articles without having to toggle between different tabs on their browser. Also, agents can directly create articles on the Document360 knowledge base without having to leave the Zendesk environment.
Basic setup guide
Installing Document360 on Zendesk
Before you can make use of Document360, the app needs to be installed separately on your Zendesk support console. Visit Zendesk and login to your account
- Click on the Admin option and select Marketplace under Apps
- In the newly opened Marketplace tab, type in Document360 in the search bar
- Click the app's icon to go to the app's info page
- Select the How To Install tab to view and complete any pre-install tasks
- Click the Install button on the upper right side of the page
- If you have multiple accounts, select the intended account and click on Install again
Now the window would prompt to enter Title, Token, Roles restriction settings. To obtain API token from Document360 follow the steps below.
Configuring Document360 with Zendesk
Go to the Document360 project dashboard and click on the Settings icon
- In Settings → Knowledge base portal → Extensions
- You can find the Zendesk widget under the Helpdesk tab
- Click the (+) sign to generate an API token. Copy the generated API token by clicking on the clipboard icon next to the token
4. Navigate back to Zendesk and the Document360 configuration page after installing the app from the Zendesk marketplace. Type in the title you would like to identify your Document360 knowledge base by
In the Token field paste the copied API token from Document360
- Add your preferred restriction settings. By default, this option would be disabled
- Click on the Install button
The Zendesk extension is a premium feature available in Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise+ plans.
Search and share articles on ticket response
While responding to support tickets, you can make use of the installed Document360 knowledge base app to respond to customers. You can access the knowledge base on the Zendesk environment
- On the right side of the open ticket response window, you would find all the installed apps
- Click on the Document360 app
- As the Document360 frame loads, you would find that Zendesk automatically searched for articles based on the title of the support ticket
- You can always type in the search term in the field and the relevant articles would be listed below
- If you're absolutely sure you've found the article you've searched for the click on either one of the options Link article or Content
- If you're not sure of the article from the title, you can always click on the article. It would be opened in a preview mode
- In the preview mode, there would be three options
- Below this would be three options
-Open in Document360 where the article link would be opened in a new tab
-Link article would insert the article link in your response message
-Insert content option would add the entire article content in your response message
- This would make it so much easier and instantaneous for agents responding to customers as they don't have to navigate between tabs
Create an article on the knowledge base from Zendesk
Did not find the article you're looking for (or) would like to add an article on the go?
Your agents can create articles in your knowledge base. There is no need for additional team accounts; new content can be created directly from Zendesk by any agent.
- Just click on the + symbol adjacent to the search bar in the document360 app frame
- Now add the title of the article and select the category you want the article to be created under
You cannot create a new category from Zendesk. You can only add articles to any existing categories
- You can author the content of your article in the markdown editor
- Article body editor
-Basic text formatting: Headings- H2 and H3, Bold, Italics, Ordered List, and Unordered List
-Insert: Code block, Hyperlink, Image
The article would be created in draft state, allowing your editors to review and enhance the article before publishing them on the knowledge base.
Removing Document360 from Zendesk
To uninstall a configured Document360 application from Zendesk, follow the steps below.
- Open the My Apps page in Support.
- You can find the list of apps currently installed
- Hover over the Document360 app
- Click the app options icon and select Uninstall.
- In the Uninstall App window, click the Uninstall App button.