Freshdesk is one of the prominent cloud-based customer support and management solution used by a number of businesses. Though it facilitates amazing customer support either in the form of a ticketing system or in-app/chat messaging, the self-service knowledge base is more of an add-on feature.
To fill this gap, you can now rely on Document360 Knowledge base which can be integrated with Freshdesk as an extension. Now your support agents can seamlessly carry out customer engagement and conversations to tickets by making use of support articles from your knowledge base without having to jump between different tabs on your browser.
Also, your support agents can directly create articles on the Document360 knowledge base directly from the Freshdesk environment. Below is a how-to guide on configuring Document360 with your Freshdesk.
Basic setup guide
1. Connecting Document360 to Freshdesk
Go to the Document360 project dashboard and click on the Settings icon
- Go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Extensions → Helpdesk tab
- You can find the Freshdesk assistant under the Helpdesk tab
- Click the (+) next to the Freshdesk integration to generate an API token
- Copy the generated API token
- Navigate to the Freshdesk website and login to your helpdesk
6. Go to Admin and in the Helpdesk Productivity section select the Apps option
7. Now in the Apps marketplace click on Get more apps to browse through the available apps
8. In the App Marketplace search bar type in Document360 app and hit search
9. Select the Document360 app and click Install
10. Now you would be prompted to enter an API key
11. Paste the copied API key generated on Document360 here and click on Install again
You can add multiple API keys from different Document360 knowledge bases. Click on the Add key button and using the similar flow copy and paste the API key in the field and click on Install.
Let's say your company offers more than one product and you maintain different Document360 powered knowledge bases for each of these products. It might get a bit clumsy using different Freshdesk portals for each individual product.
Addressing this issue, Freshdesk offers Multi-product support, a feature that allows for handling the customer support activities of different products on a single Freshdesk portal account. The agent interface will remain the same for these products unless segregated by automation rules; agents can see tickets from all products in their ticket view.
You can refer to the Multi-product setup guide to seamlessly integrate your multiple Document360 platforms with your Freshdesk portal. The Freshdesk extension is a premium feature available in Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise+ plans.
The Freshdesk extension is a premium feature available in Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise+ plans.
Search for and share articles
Once the API key has been validated by Freshdesk, your Document360 knowledge base is now successfully integrated with the Freshdesk environment.
Document360 would come in quite handy when responding to your support tickets; wherein you would be able to search for and share articles to your customers from your integrated knowledge base with just a couple of clicks. You can do all this without having to leave the Helpdesk environment.
While responding to open tickets
- You can find the Document360 icon along with the formatting options in the ticket response window
- Click on the icon and you can access the knowledge base on a side window
- You would be able to select the version and the language of the knowledge base you want to access
- Now type in the search term in the search bar and the relevant article list would be displayed below
- When you hover over the article with your mouse pointer you can find two buttons +link and +Content
+ Link inserts the hyperlink of the article inside the mail response
+ Content inserts the entire content of the article inside the mail response
Automated article search
Apart from the regular search, to make things convenient, Freshdesk would automatically search the knowledge base using the ticket title and return matching articles under Recommended articles, as soon as you click on the Document360 icon.
Create articles for knowledge base from Freshdesk
Did not find the support article you’re looking for (or) feel the need to add a new article to the knowledge base?
You can now create articles for your knowledge base from the Freshdesk environment.
- Click on the Document360 icon in the ticket response window
- A side window with knowledge base access would be displayed
- Now select the version and language in which you would like to create an article for
- Select the +Create New Article option at the top of the window
- Use the markdown editor to create the article
- Add the title of the article and select the category for the article
You cannot create a new category from Freshdesk. You can only add articles to any existing categories
- Article body editor
-Basic text formatting: Headings- H2 and H3, Bold, Italics, Ordered List, and Unordered List
-Insert: Code block, Hyperlink, Image
-Toggle between editor and display view
- Once you have added the content for the article, click on the Create button
The created articles would be saved as a draft on the Document360 knowledge base. This article can be later reviewed by an editor on Document360 and published on the knowledge base.