Document360 integration within the Salesforce console enhances and equips your support agents with a robust knowledge base while serving customers.
You can view and share articles easily. You can quickly create new articles for your knowledge base right from Salesforce.
Basic setup guide
Follow the below step to configure the Document360 extension on your Salesforce console
- Create a Salesforce account
- Install the Document360 app on Salesforce
- Add a Visualforce page in the Salesforce developer console
- Authorize Salesforce integration from your Document360 portal
1. Create a Salesforce account
If you are a registered Salesforce user (Salesforce Lightning platform account), skip this step and go directly to Install the Document360 app on Salesforce
You need a Salesforce account to perform the below steps to sign up using the link.
- To sign up for Salesforce, go to the Sign up page
- Type in the details required and click the Sign me up button
- You will receive an email with the verification link, account URL, and username on your registered email. Click on the Verify Account link in the mail, and the Verify Your Identity page appears
- Enter the verification code you received in your mail inbox and click the Verify button
Note: The verification code will be sent in another mail.
- Set up a password for your account and click the Change Password button
You will be redirected to your Home page (Salesforce lightning platform).
2. Install the Document360 app on Salesforce
Use the below link to install the Document360 app.
- Go to AppExchange page
- Click Get It Now
- Select the desired Salesforce project space:
- Install in Production - To install the Document360 application in the production environment of your Salesforce project
- Install in Sandbox - To install the Document360 application in the sandbox environment of your Salesforce project
- Review the installation details and click Confirm and Install
- Enter your Salesforce credentials and click Log In
- Select from any one of the three options provided:
- Install for admins only - To provide Document360 application access for only admins
- Install for all users - To provide Document360 application access for all users
- Install for specific profiles - To provide Document360 application access to specific user profiles
This action will determine the Document360 availability for the users within the Salesforce application.
- Click the Install button
- Wait for the Installation complete prompt and click Done
3. Add a Visualforce page in the Salesforce developer console
Now, you must add the code provided below in your Salesforce developer console to create a Visualforce page.
- Search for Visualforce pages in the Quick find field at the top left and select the Visualforce pages option in the search results
- Click the New button
- Type the Label, Name, and Description of the page
- Select the 'Available for Lightning Experience, Experience Builder sites, and the mobile app' checkbox to enable it
- Paste the below code into the Visualforce Markup section
<apex:page standardController="Case"> <apex:canvasApp applicationName="Document360" namespacePrefix="Document360" height="800" width="750px"/> </apex:page>
The height and width of the application can be edited in pixels (px).
- Click the Save button at the top
4. Authorize Salesforce integration from your Document360 portal
Login to your Document360 portal to authorize the Salesforce integration.
- Navigate to the Document360 portal
- Go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Extensions → Salesforce under the Helpdesk section
Salesforce is an addon purchase in your Document360 project. Click "Buy now" to purchase.
- Click on "Connect"
- Select the authorization type:
- Live - To perform authorization for your production project in Salesforce
- Sandbox - To perform authorization for your sandbox project in Salesforce
- In the Allow access window, click the Allow button and wait for a few seconds
- Now, you can find the status (Project connected to Salesforce…) in the Salesforce assistant. You can also find the Salesforce account URL associated with your project
- Once configured, click on the "Detail" button on the Salesforce tile to view the configuration information
- Click the "Delete" icon to remove the configuration