1. What is a reader account?
Reader accounts are only assigned when a knowledge base is set to private/mixed and allows users to log in to your knowledge base site.
2. Who can add a reader account?
- Team accounts with Admin and Owner portal roles in a project can add a team account
- Team accounts with Manage team accounts permission can also add a team accounts
- Readers can also perform self registration. For more information, see reader self registration.
3. Can I import the readers?
Yes, you can import the readers.
- Go to Settings → Users & Security → Readers & groups → Readers → Import reader(s)
- In the Import readers blade, upload the import CSV file in the required format
- Click Import
4. What is reader-self registration?
Readers self registration allows a user to register themselves for a reader account instead of having to be invited by a project team member.
For more information, see reader self registration.
5. Who can delete a reader?
Team accounts with Admin and Owner portal roles in a project can delete a team account.
6. How to delete a reader?
- Go to Settings → Users & Security → Readers & groups → Readers
- Hover over the desired reader and click the Delete icon
7. How to change my profile details on the knowledge base site?
Readers can change their profile picture, first name, last name, and email on the knowledge base site. The current password is required to make these changes.
- Log in to the Knowledge base site
- Click the User profile dropdown on the top right and select Change profile. The Change profile window appears
- Profile picture: Click the Pencil icon on the profile picture to change the profile picture. You can upload a profile picture from your local device storage
- First name: To change the first name
- Last name: To change the last name
- New email: To change the email, enter your new email in this field
By default, your current email appears here.
- When you update the email, you are logged out instantly. A Verification mail is sent to your new email
- Follow the instructions mentioned in the verification mail to activate your new email
- After changing the required field(s), enter your password and click Update. The changes are updated
8. How to change my password on the knowledge base site?
Readers can change their passwords on the knowledge base site. The current password is required to change the password.
- Log in to the Knowledge base site
- Click the User profile dropdown on the top right and select Change password. The Change password window appears
- Type in your Current password
- In the following field, type in the New password and in the following field, repeat the same password to reconfirm
- Should be at least 8 characters long
- At least 1 UPPERCASE letter
- At least 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character
- Click on the Update button, and the new password is updated
9. How to add a custom content role?
Adding a custom content role option is available only in Enterprise and Enterprise Plus plans.
- Go to Settings → Users & Security → Roles → Content role → Add content role
- Add the required details in the Add content role blade
For more information, see custom content roles.
To perform cloning of a content role, see clone content role.
10. How to recognize SSO users and normal users in the readers list?
You can distinguish the SSO users with the SSO user tag next to the name in the readers list.
11. Can I restrict readers based on IP address?
Yes, you can restrict the readers with the IP restriction option.
To add an IP restriction:
- Go to Settings → User & Security → IP restriction → New IP restriction
- Add the required IP restriction in the Add IP restriction blade
12. Unable to login with valid credentials
Try the below solutions:
- Clear browser cache
- Try to login using incognito window
- Try a different browser
If you still face the issue, please contact our support team
13. Login verification link is expired
Owner of the project can resend the verification mail. Inform the project owner to resend the verification mail.
Read more →