Adding a new project version
You can add a certain number of new versions for your project depending on the annual or monthly plan you’re on.
Subscription plans and versions
|Subscription Plan||Knowledge base versions|
Adding a new project version
- From the knowledge base portal, go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Localization & Versions and the Localization & Versions tab is the default selection
- Click the New version button on the top right
- An Add new version blade window appears (the different parameters explained in the next segment)
- After adding all the details, click on Add at the bottom right
Add new version
- Name - Type in the name for your new version. The name can be in your preferred language
- Slug URL – Type in your custom URL slug in your preferred language (Cannot be edited after the version is created)
- Version status – You can select the status of your new version as beta, public or deprecated. However, the Main version should be public and cannot be deprecated
When you visit the knowledge base portal or knowledge base site, the version you have set as the main version appears at the first instance, irrespective of the version order.
- Base version – If you choose Select an existing version, select all or specific categories you want to be copied from the base version. The articles from the selected categories are copied onto the new version you create. This is optional and, if no choice is made, the project automatically copies all articles
But if you want a fresh new version with no categories or articles, choose the Start a fresh version option.
- When you create a new version with the Start a fresh version option, the Default theme is configured for the home page across all the languages in the new version.
For example, you are creating a new version "Version 6" with the Start a fresh version option and the languages available are English, Arabic, and Chinese. The home page theme of English, Arabic, and Chinese are configured with the Default theme.
- When you create a new version with the Select an existing version option, the theme of the respective language(s) of the selected version is configured for the language(s) in the new version. If you add any new language(s), the Default theme is configured for the home page of the new language(s).
For example, you are creating a new version "v2.0" with existing version "v1.0" as the base version and French, English, and German are the languages available in the existing version "v1.0". If you add Arabian language in the window, the home page of Arabian language is configured with Default theme. The theme of the French, English, and German language in the new version "v2.0" are configured as same as the theme of the respective languages.
- Languages – To add more languages, click on Add new language, select the required languages from the list and click on Apply. By default, English is set as the default language.
To choose the default language:
Click ••• icon next to the preferred language → Set as default
The default language option cannot be edited once the version has been created. However users can Add, Hide, or Delete non-default languages later