SMTP (Email) notification channel
You can track the events/activities in your Knowledge base portal, Knowledge base assistant, and Knowledge base site by configuring the SMTP (email) notification channel on Document360.
What does SMTP mean?
SMTP in short for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, is an Internet standard communication protocol for Email transmission.
Document360 can send email notifications to any email address included in an SMTP channel for selected events/activities in your Knowledge base.
How to add an SMTP (Email) notification channel?
- Go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Notifications → Notification channels
- Click New Channel
- Select SMTP and click Next
- Type the desired channel name in the Friendly name field
- Type the email address of the recipients in the Email to field
- Type the email address of the CC recipients in the CC field
CC stands for Carbon Copy, which means the email address you add to the CC will receive a copy of the mail you send. The email addresses you add in CC will be visible to all the recipients of the mail in the header section.
- Type the email address of the BCC recipients in the BCC field
BCC stands for Blind Carbon Copy, meaning the email address you add to the BCC will receive a copy of the mail you send. However, unlike the CC, the email addresses you add in BCC will be invisible to all the recipients of the mail in the header section.
Suppose you wish to include multiple email addresses in any recipient fields (Email to, CC, BCC).
- Each email must be separated by a semi-colon (;) with no space between the emails
- Do not add a semicolon at the end of the last email
- Click Save
A new notification channel for email is added. Now you can navigate to the Notification mapping tab to map the desired notifications.
For more information about notification mapping, see the Notification mapping article.