Add SEO title and descriptions to your article to make improve their visibility on the web and get the article indexed in web Search engines.
Adding SEO title and description
- From the Knowledge base portal, navigate to any article (Published or Unpublished)
- Click on the "Article settings" icon at the top right
- A popup appears with the available article settings
- Click the SEO tab
- Two checkboxes are available
- Exclude from documentation search
- Exclude from external search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and more
- Meta title: A meta title is the concise and impactful title displayed on search engine results pages (SERPs) that summarizes the content of a webpage, typically recommended to be between 50-60 characters for optimal visibility.
- Meta description: A meta description is a brief summary beneath the meta title, providing a snippet of the webpage's content. It's advised to keep it compelling, informative, and within the range of 150-160 characters to enhance click-through rates on search results.
- You can use the "Ask Eddy" AI SEO description generator to help you with the description generation
SEO description overview
To generate SEO description for multiple articles, go to Content tools → Documentation → SEO description