1. SEO description generator
Use the SEO description generator to generate the meta descriptions for your articles and category pages effortlessly. This AI-powered feature will generate the best meta description for your articles and category pages based on the content. This is an addon feature and is available only for the English language.
For an article/category page:
Go to the desired article/category page → Article settings/Category settings → SEO → Generate meta description → Save
For multiple articles/category pages:
Go to Settings → Knowledge base site → SEO settings → Meta management
Select the desired articles and category pages
Click Generate meta description → Save
2. Custom pages
Custom pages feature allows you to customize and style the static web pages in your Knowledge base. Both the basic and custom style (CSS/HTML) options are available.
Go to Settings → Knowledge base site → Custom pages
You can customize the below static pages in Document360:
3. Block inheritance
Earlier, if you want to restrict the content level access of inherited team accounts, you would be adding them to the denied list manually in the respective content level. With the Block inheritance option, you can restrict the content access of team accounts irrespective of the inheritance. This allows you to configure the access of any content level (version/language/category/article) to only the desired team accounts and team account groups.
For example, you have six inherited team accounts in version 'V1', and you want to provide access only to two team accounts.
1. Dual linking
When dual linking is enabled, if Article-A is added as a related article in Article-B, then Article-B will appear as a related article in Article-A. Save time by using dual linking for adding related articles. With this option, you can avoid adding the related articles in both articles; instead, you can add one article and enable dual linking.
Dual linking is disabled by default for projects created before July 09, 2022, and enabled by default for projects created after that.
Go to Settings → Knowledge base site → Article settings → Article right or bottom
2. Image cropping in WYSIWYG editor
The image cropping option is available now in the WYSIWYG editor. This option allows you to crop the image inside the editor. You can also add text and rotate the image.
- Click the desired image in the editor, and you find the Advanced edit option in the image formatting popup
- Click Advanced edit and an editing window appears with various options
- Click Crop / Text / Rotate
- Perform the desired actions and click Save
3. SSO login for Support page
SSO login has been enabled for the support page. All Document360 users can access the support page with the portal credentials. Previously only particular users with support page credentials could access the support page. You can track the support tickets raised through the email support (or) support page.
4. Remember state
Remember state feature is enhanced to store the UI state of the below elements:
- Grid sort
- Category manager slider
- Language dropdown
- Version dropdown
This functionality works when you navigate between different modules (Documentation/Drive/Analytics/Content tools/Settings).
5. Export PDF
Previously, the export content size limit was 2 MB. Now it has been increased to 15 MB. This enhancement allows you to export large PDF files.
6. Ticket deflector localization
Localization for various elements in the ticket deflector has been added. You can localize the ticket deflector elements and enhance the user experience.
- Go to Settings → Knowledge base portal → Localization & Versions → Localization variables
- Select the desired language under the Select language section
- Expand the Ticket deflector section and update the desired elements
- Click Save
- Help icon is added in the left menu bar. Tutorial videos, Get assistance, Chat with us, Documentation, System status, and Feedback are moved into this section
- Slug change confirmation prompts of articles and tags have been updated to add individual fields for redirection and confirmation
- In the article/category pages, team accounts that contributed to the updates are listed at the top in the Manage contributors dropdown. This improvement makes it easier to identify who is responsible for updating content
Snippets in Markdown articles
Previously, snippets with spaces in their names were not rendered in Markdown articles. This issue has been fixed now. For existing articles, you can resolve the problem by republishing them.
What's new page slug
/whats-new is changed to
All the recent articles published (new and forked) in the selected version would be displayed on this page.