- 20 Nov 2021
- 1 Minuto para leer
Export documentation as ZIP
- Actualizado en 20 Nov 2021
- 1 Minuto para leer
Using the Export option in Document360, users can export and download the documentation in the form of ZIP.
The Exported Document360 ZIP would contain the following
- Articles, category pages, and templates
- Home page styles and configurations
- All files hosted in the Drive
The exported project ZIP file can be easily imported onto another project in Document360.
Read our Import project document to know more.
Accessing the Export to ZIP option
- Go to Content tools → Import & Export and expand the Import/Export project from Document360 section
- Click on the Export icon
- An Export documentation blade would appear on the right
Perform these selections before proceeding
- Version(s) - Click on the dropdown and select the required project versions. The user should select at least one version for the export to work. This is a mandatory selection.
- Language - The default setting would be All languages. Users can also choose individual languages to export.
- Article modified at - The default setting would be None (all the articles at that current point in the documentation). Users can also choose 90 days, 30 days, 7 days or custom date range.
- Include media files - Users can choose whether to include the media files from the export version(s), language, date filter selection.
Once done, click on the Export documentation button at the bottom of the blade
Depending on the size of the documentation filters selected, the time taken to export may vary.
Downloading the exported ZIP
Go to Content tools → Import & Export and expand the Import/Export project from Document360 section.
Users can find two options to the right of the Export section.
- Download exported documentation - This icon initiates the download of the exported ZIP onto the device's local storage. The date of the latest export would be mentioned when the mouse pointer hovers over the option.
For ex. Download exported documentation (18-11-2021)
- Copy download link - Clicking on this icon would copy the download link. Users can share the download link across other mediums.
Once you perform the export operation, the previously exported ZIP available for download would be overwritten.