You may want to show only particular articles or hide some articles in the Knowledge base assistant. You can do this effectively with the Filter assistant content option. The autosave option is available for navigation between the Knowledge base assistant tabs.
The autosave option is available for navigation between the Knowledge base assistant tabs.
How to filter the Knowledge base assistant content?
- Go to Settings → Knowledge base assistant → Setup configuration
- Hover over the desired Knowledge base assistant and click Edit
- In the Installation & Setup tab, expand the Filter assistant content section
- You have three options:
When you select Project, all the articles in the Knowledge base appear in the assistant.
Project is selected by default.
You can make the desired language(s) or version(s) appear in the assistant.
For example, you want to hide the French language from a version in the assistant.
- Click Version and the list of versions and languages appear
- Select the checkbox of the desired version(s) and language(s) you want in the assistant
- Click Save
You can make the desired categories appear in the assistant.
For example, you want to show only the Sales categories in the assistant.
- Click Category and select the version in the Select project version(s)
- The list of categories available in that version appears. Select the checkbox of the desired categories
- If you want to add more categories from other versions, click the Select project version(s) again and choose the desired categories from the version(s)
- Click Save
Changes in Filter assistant content will directly affect your URL mapping
- If you make a change related to the configured URL mapping, the URL mapping will be disabled and appear as broken
For example, you have set the filter assistant content at the project level and configured a URL mapping with a List of articles from category A in version V1. Now you are updating the Filter assistant configuration to show only the categories B and C in version V1. With this action, the URL mapping will be invalid. This is because the articles you configured in URL mapping will not appear in the Knowledge base assistant.
- In the URL mapping window, you can only configure articles that are made available in the Filter assistant content.
For example, you have set the filter assistant content at the version level to show only version V1. In this case, you cannot configure a URL mapping with an article available in version V2.