Document360 is a project creation tool that allows users to create knowledge bases with custom logos, colors, and access levels. It has two editors: Markdown and WYSIWYG. Team accounts are used to manage the version, language, categories and articles while readers can only view the content. There are three methods to add a subcategory in Document360. The Knowledge base site is the website end users will access to read articles and find helpful answers.
After creating a Document360 account, it's time to create a project.
What is a project?
A project is a container for your Article, Category and Subcategory, site home page, project Team account, Reader and groups (for Private and Mixed projects), and any custom configurations or settings.
How to create a knowledge base project?
Log in to Document360 portal with your account to access the Dashboard.
If you are already logged in and in a different project, click the Document360 icon at the top left. You are redirected to the Dashboard.
Click New Project
- Enter your project name in the Name field
- Only alphabets, numbers, hyphens, and spaces are allowed
- Special characters except hyphens are not allowed
The character limit for project name is 30 (including spaces)
- Enter your subdomain name in the Subdomain field
- Only alphabets, numbers, and hyphens are allowed
- The subdomain name must be unique
- You cannot use an existing subdomain name
The character limit for subdomain name is 30 (including hyphens)
For example, If a company called Babel was creating a knowledge base for its software, they might choose:
- If you have two words in your project name, then the autogenerated subdomain is added with a hyphen (-)
Name: Babel Handbook
- Click Next
Choose to edit your documentation in Markdown or WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor
- If you mostly create text-based documents, make Markdown your default editor and switch to WYSIWYG (HTML) when you need to add draft media-rich articles (images/video) via Article settings → Editor
- Click Next
Customize your Knowledge base
- Upload a logo or type in the company name to display on the project card
- Change the primary and secondary colors using the color picker or enter a HEX, RGB, or HSL color code
- Click Next
Knowledge base access
- Click Create
The project is created successfully.
Knowledge base site can be accessed only after the project Owner completes the verification. This applies to both Team account and Reader.