Google Analytics is a widely used analytics tools that lets you view website usage metrics such as conversions, traffic sources, bounce rates, exit percentages, and more. Google Analytics (New) integration in Document360 is specifically for Google Analytics (GA4). GA4 is the 4th iteration of Google Analytics. It provides you with a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID.
GA3 - Tracking ID begins with the 'UA-'
GA4 - Measurement ID starts with the 'G-'
Google Analytics integrations in Document360
Currently, there are two integrations available for Google Analytics in Document360:
- Google Analytics - Integrate Google Analytics GA3 (Universal Analytics) with Document360. If you're using GA3 (Universal Analytics), see Google Analytics
- Google Analytics (New) - To integrate Google Analytics GA4 with Document360
You can integrate Google Analytics (GA4) with Document360 to know how your users interact with your knowledge base site, highly searched articles, and user locations. You'll need a Google Analytics account and a Google Analytics IDto enable the Google Analytics integration.
Note: You will need administrative privileges on your Google Analytics account to access the ID.
Document360 + Google Analytics (GA4)
You can integrate the Document360 knowledge base with Google Analytics in simple steps.
- From the Document360 portal, go to Settings → Knowledge base site → Integrations
- Click the Add new integration button at the top right and an Integration setup panel
- Select Google Analytics (New) from the integrations available in the Integration panel
- Type in a Description and enter the Measurement ID in the Google Analytics ID field
Google Analytics ID is the Measurement ID of your desired property in Google Analytics (GA4). Google Analytics ID is an alphanumeric code that you can get from the Google Analytics application, and you use them for Document360+Google Analytics Integration in the Document360 Knowledge base portal.
- Enable the Status toggle bar and click on the Add button
If required, you can restrict or enable the Google Analytics to the users with the Advanced insertion rules option.
How to get Google Analytics ID (Measurement ID)?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Click Admin (Gear icon in the bottom left)
- At the top of the Property column, select your property from the dropdown
- In the Property column, click Data streams
- Click the desired data stream for which you need the Measurement ID
- Your "G-" ID appears in the top right
For more information, see Google Analytics support article.
After you complete the Document360+Google Analytics integration setup in the Document360 portal, you can track your knowledge base site performance and get visitor insights.
You can integrate Google Analytics to track user insights like view counts, geolocation, device-wise metrics, behavioral flow, and more.
Why Google Analytics (New) has been added?
- Google has announced the deprecation of the Google Analytics GA3 (Universal Analytics) by July 1, 2023. It will be replaced by Google Analytics GA4
- On July 1, 2023, GA3 (Universal Analytics) properties will stop processing new hits. If you still rely on Universal Analytics, we recommend you migrate to GA4 going forward
- Thus, we have added this integration in very advance to accommodate your needs in integrating Google Analytics with your knowledge base
For information on migration from GA3 to GA4, see Google Analytics help
How to check GA3 or GA4?
- If you created your property before October 14, 2020, you're likely using a GA3 (Universal Analytics) property
- If you created your property after October 14, 2020, you're likely using a Google Analytics 4 property
For more information, see Google Analytics help