Search analytics allows you to view metrics on searches, users, and no result searches and identify keywords that are often searched or that do not return results. This information helps determine gaps in documentation and also popular search terms.
Accessing Search analytics
From the Knowledge base portal, go to Analytics → Search
Bar Graph Metrics
There are three metrics shown in the Search bar graph:
- Total search: Number of searches performed by users on the selected project version.
- Users: Number of unique users who have used the search feature in the selected project version/language.
- No result searches: Number of searches performed by users on selected project versions that did not return any results.
The analytics information can be filtered by project version and date at the top of the search page.
Search analytics data can take up to 15 minutes to reflect in the Knowledge base portal.
The most searched keywords appear here. You can export the data as Excel (.xlsx) or PDF (.pdf) file.
To export the popular search data, click Export → Export to Excel or Export to PDF.
No Result Searches
The keywords searched by readers that didn’t return any results appear here. You can also access the No search feedback forms in this section.
No search result feedback form
When the No search result feedback form is enabled, readers can provide feedback for keywords that does not return any result.
If a reader provides keyword feedback, the View option will be available under the Feedback column.
Click the View option applicable to the respective keyword under the Feedback column to view the feedback. All the feedback provided for the keyword will be available in the Feedbacks received window.
In the Feedbacks received window, you can discuss and collaborate with your team accounts. Once you assess and complete the actions required for the feedback, you can enable the Acknowledged toggle. Enabling this toggle is an irreversible action. When you enable the toggle, all team accounts in your project will receive a notification mail for this action.
The following filter options are available in the section:
- Show all - To view all No search result keywords
- Feedback received - To view only keywords with feedback
- Acknowledged - To view only keywords with feedback that has been acknowledged
- Not acknowledged - To view only keywords with feedback that has not been acknowledged
You can export the data as Excel (.xlsx) or PDF (.pdf) file. To export the popular search data, click Export → Export to Excel or Export to PDF.
Search result rate
The search result rate pie chart distinguishes the successful results and no results.
- Success result refers to the searches with results
- No result refers to the search without results